The salwar kameez has undergone a massive transformation over the years. What started off as being a casual outfit meant for daily errands, has become a muse for the country’s leading designers, and has made its way to red carpets, high-society parties, and the wardrobes of top celebrities. If you are thinking of incorporating this gorgeous garment into your wardrobe this season, here are the top trends to watch out for-
* Lace- Lace is everywhere you look this summer, and is a sure-shot way of adding glamour to even the most basic salwar kameez suits. You could look for suits with a lace border at the bottom, lace-embroidered salwars, or even a lace-bordered dupatta.
* Patiala salwars- Nothing looks as graceful as a well-fitted, above-the-knee kameez, paired with a heavy Patiala salwar. If you’ve got the figure to flaunt this look, then it is definitely one of the hottest, yet most traditional outfits you can don this season.
* Bottoms with a twist- This season is all about keeping the kameez understated, and letting the bottom grab eyeballs. If you’ve had enough of regular salwars and pyjamis, it is the perfect time to experiment with new styles. Palazzo pants in white, with a sheer chikan embroidery, look fantastic when paired with a simple printed kameez. You could also opt for “dhoti salwars”, which have inverted folds, or the latest narrow salwars that are tight at the ankles.
* 3-D suits- Named interestingly, these suits follow a tricolor pattern, in which the dupatta, salwar, and kameez are in three different, usually bright shades. For instance, you could go for a yellow-pink-green combination, or one in any colors you love.
* Anarkali suits- Trends may come and go, but this is one trend that seems to be here to stay. Sported by several celebrities over the past year, this gorgeous trend flatters nearly every body type. If you are plump, it will conceal your flaws, if you are petite, it will make you look taller, and for those who are tall and slim, it will fit like a dream, filling you up beautifully. This green suit shows just how spectacular this trend is-
* Brocade suits- If you are shopping for a special occasion and are on the lookout for something that will look classy and make you stand out of the crowd, the fabric to go for this season is brocade. Even though slightly expensive, this fabric is every penny worth its value, and will be a suit that you’ll wear for years to come. We love this breathtaking blue and pink one with touches of golden-